Wednesday 1 September 2010

Madeleines, and how to lose weight while still baking obsessively.

Since we moved away from London, I have had to drive everywhere, up to three hours a day, and this has made me fat. Now that I'm working locally I am spending a lot less time in the car and all day long on my feet in a hot kitchen, so it's about time I sorted myself out.

I have joined Weightwatchers and I have a copy of this book, which is fantastic. I was very sceptical of recipes that use low fat spread instead of butter but I've made tons of stuff, from banana muffins to chocolate brownies (the brownies use applesauce instead of butter, genius!) and everything has turned out yummy and not at all diet-tasting.

The above photo is my latest effort, some lemon madeleines using my lovely new madeleine tin from Lakeland that I bought the other day while we were in Stratford upon Avon (very pretty place, you must go for a visit). They are much prettier in real life.

Anyway cakes aside, I've really neglected my poor blog again. I really must make more effort.

13 comments:

m said...

they look lovely! I so miss Lakeland ... I'm a fellow irish girl/ex-Londoner now living back in Roscommon :o)

MrsGKnits said...

Domestic Goddess is back! Hope you'll write more often. I miss your blogging Aveen. Everything you do always looks so yummy. Time for tea and cake I think...

Agnes xxx

Alex said...

Wow...haven't seen this site for a while. =) But I really really hope to see more art work soon

Zone said...

Thanks for sharing your post, wait for another update from your blog

Christina said...

that looks fantastic
==========
webdesign

Unknown said...

I really hope to see more art work at this blog. I am waiting for it.

Kevin W. Salazar said...

Very yummy . I appreciated your post .

David M. Derrickson said...

Like your post . Thank you so much for this post .

Solaiman Sumon said...

This is a very useful and helpful post . Impressive post ..

Robert Smith said...

Thanks for your lovely tips. I will surely use your suggestions.

Electric Blender said...

I was surfing net and luckily ran over this site and discovered exceptionally intriguing stuff here. Its truly enjoyable to peruse. I delighted in a considerable measure. A debt of gratitude is in order for sharing this superb data.
If you want to learn more about The Electric Blender, you can visit now

retouching services said...

I really enjoyed your blog. Thanks!! for sharing such an informative post.
Product Retouching Services | Architecture Photo Editing | Photo Retouching Services

image masking service said...

You are improving so much at baking. You will be an excellent baker I assume. They look so tasty. Thank you for sharing the lovely photo.
my website-
Clipping Path Service provider company

photo retouching services

Image Background Remove Blog

How to do clipping path service

Ghost mannequin service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...