Wednesday 29 April 2009

Pretty curly writing

Here's my new pen for learning copperplate. I've been trying it out a bit before I try to learn the actual letter forms, because I thought it would be easier if I was already sort of comfortable using the oblique pen. It's so cool! Such a pity it's totally impractical to have an inkwell on my desk at work and hand write all my letters, but I can't see the boss going for it...


And here's the Fight Club haiku, written with the new pen. It's not any particular script, but I think it's quite pretty anyway. My workmate's daughter is getting married next year, maybe if I've learned copperplate by then she'll let me write her invitations :)


10 comments:

AlwaysInspired said...

I envy your writing skills! Gorgeous handwriting, which has never been my stong suit!

Alex said...

Awesome writing! And Fight Club is one of my favorite movies ^^
"We're the all-singing all-dancing crap of the world..." :Þ

And Aveen, I still have so much to learn because I know I can't draw everything. I'll be waiting for the magazine when it arrives ^^ Thanks again!

Evie Redding said...

Ooo I love fight club too! NIce style! <3

Christine's Arts said...

Hi angeltreats,
I left a friend award on my blog for you. Come and see.

Also, very nice style!

Dot said...

Thanks for playing Make Something Cool Everyday in April! I had a great time and met some cool new friends, hope you did too! Please come read this. I'm planning to do a wrap up.

Thanks!
Dot

Pea said...

Is that really hand written! Wow..thats art! Its a talent you have to write in such lovely writing!
I have a award for you. Please accept it!

everyday graces said...

impressive!

Unknown said...

Hey! I definitely think you should go out and buy yourself a little starter kit of oil paints.

There are mediums you can use that help the oil dry overnight.

The nice thing about oil is that you can keep working or scraping it off in my case until you get the look you want. email me if you have any questions. hugs!

KayOhh said...

nice handwriting.

annnettii said...

u were great help thanks

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...