So I read somewhere that I can't remember. And I'm trying to convince myself that that's true, and it's not just me being inept.
Here are some trees I painted tonight. They are a bit too blobby to actually look like trees.
Another thing that is very hard is mixing greens. I used lemon yellow, cobalt blue, ultramarine, burnt umber and a bit of viridian for this little painting. I remember quite a lot of the colour mixing theory we did in my watercolour class at the start of the year, but actually putting it into practice is a different story. Still at least I had more luck with the scanner tonight, and I do like my little fence.