Saturday 7 February 2009

A sketch for Thing a Day

Here's a bloke I saw at St James' Street station today. We were on the way back from shopping (the stuff I came back with will be the subject of another post, it was a fruitful shopping trip!) and I saw this poor guy shivering and rubbing his hands together to keep warm. My life drawing teacher says we're to keep an A6 sketch book on us at all times, the idea being that A6 is so tiny that you have no excuse not to carry it around, and I actually had mine, so I did a quick sketch of the bloke in about a minute and a half, and coloured him in when we got home with my lovely Derwent watercolour pencils.

I really have to make the effort to carry the sketchbook around. And actually USE it, it's not going to fill up with drawings when it's in my handbag. It's a lovely sketch book, one of these, it deserves to be used.

1 comment:

owenswain said...

Ah, may this become reality for both of us and many others: "I really have to make the effort to carry the sketchbook around. And actually USE it, it's not going to fill up with drawings when it's in my handbag."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...