Sunday 2 August 2009

A very nice Saturday!

Yesterday I took a break from ebaying and headed out to the Kent countryside, home of Bee from Chain Creative, who taught me to crochet a few years ago. Bee has a lovely house with a fabulous garden, and in the summer she holds workshops there. Yesterday was a felting day, and five us (plus Bee) got stuck in and did some messy wet felting, crocheted a pear doorstop to felt in the washing machine, and best of all, we learned needle felting. I've been wanting do learn this for ages and ages and I wasn't disappointed!

Unfortunately most of the things I made aren't finished yet (I have to finish crocheting the pear, and the felted fabric I made is still drying) but I'll post some photos when it's all done. However I did manage to make two little brooches with the needle felting, and here they are!



I'm so addicted to this, it appeals to my love of all things cute and quick to make! It's so cool that by taking bits of unspun wool, like in the photo, and stabbing them repeatedly with a sharp needle you can turn them into 3D objects. I think I'll do a Moomin next...

Thanks Bee for a fab day, a yummy lunch and for introducing me to yet another crafty hobby!

8 comments:

Bagladee said...

Oh they are sooooo cute, loving the bunny :) xx

Meg@MegaCrafty said...

These came our great, can't wait to see the rest. I just tried needle felting for the first time a few months ago- it was great fun, aside from jabbing myself with the needle a few times. : )

Bee Creative said...

It was a lovely day and that's thanks to you guys!! I really heart the wee bear. I'm thinking about a panda so we could open a zoo some time!!
Look forward to planning the next workshops. xxxxx

claire montgomerie said...

cuuuuute!!!! i have only tried wet felting, these make me want to have a go at dry felting

Unknown said...

Oh, so cute!!!

jacqueline said...

Your brooches are sooo cute!! Glad you had a good weekend and i hope your having a wonderful week so far. Looking forward to more of your cute creations! Have a lovely merry happy day!

Chrissie said...

What a great first attempt - aren't they just cute!

Starla said...

Awwww....so cute! Isn't felting fun!! I really love that bunny!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...